As we say, anything in the excess or over limitation can cause hazardous effects. These do not only include moral habits or junk food but account for all kinds of drug intoxication. Drug intoxication is not an easy process when it comes to rehab. So what can we do? We need to practice a no-drug life. It might be difficult for some people who are an addict but who are thinking to try some of it, save yourself, people. There is not always cocaine, heroin or weed that gets you high, there can be several other drugs which treat your diseases. Here are ways to Adderall stay
Here is the description of such a drug which is prescribed by a doctor but can make you addicted. Yes, we are firmly talking about Adderall. Get the details like how it works, how long does Adderall stay in your system and how its overdose can be treated?
What is Adderall?
Adderall is a drug which is formed with the combination of amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine. Thus, this drug is also called mixed amphetamine salt. This drug is highly responsible for treating two major diseases, impulse behaviour and the other ADHD (Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder).
Adderall decreases the anxiety and calms you down so that you do not take any impulsive behaviour. Not only this, but it also increases your focus. Many students were found taking these drugs to increase their concentration before their exams and this was a threat to their health.
Why is Adderall Addictive?
Adderall gets addictive to the patients as it releases the stress out of their minds and relaxes their shoulders. It makes the person feel happy and light. Who does not want to experience this feeling? Thus, it gets addictive. Now the next question that can poke your mind is why Adderall provides such a happy and light feeling. The answer to this is that the mixed amphetamine drug interferes with the levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain. It increases the levels of these drugs in the mind which further leads to a happy and calm mood in the patient.
Adderall also has stimulant qualities. This is the reason why people consume this drug to increase their performance. This altogether makes the person addicted to Adderall.
How Long Does Adderall Stay In Your System?
Adderall should not be taken again and again as every drug has a period in your body before it gets excreted. So it is very important to know How long does Adderall stay in your system before taking any dose. If the drug taken in the morning is still in your body and you consume another dose of it, it can create toxicity in your body. Hence, it gets very crucial to know how long Adderall stays in your system.
Adderall stays in the system for 72 to 96 hours before getting excreted in your urine. It has a different period with different body parts. Talking about the blood, Adderall stays there for 46 hours. The drug can be accumulated in the saliva for 20 to 50 hours and it can stay for 3 months in the hair.
Adderall is taken orally and can create stimulation in the body. The half-life of this drug is 9 to 14 hours. After that, Adderall gets excreted by the urine.
Now as we know How long does Adderall stay in your system, here comes some uses of it. Adderall can be used to treat multiple diseases explained as the following:
- Depression: Adderall can be used to improve depression. As it alters the hormonal level of drugs like serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine it decreases stress and anxiety and overcomes depression.
- Controls behavioural problems: Adderall is advised by the doctors when it comes to handling or treating behavioural problems like impulsive decision making and irrational behaviour.
- Narcolepsy: It is a disorder where the patient feels lazy and sleepy during the daytime. An increased sleep during a sunny day is what is referred to as Narcolepsy. It can be treated with Adderall.
- Increase In Cognitive Motivation: The patient gets motivated with self-analysis, mistakes and certain experiences or achievements in life. This is called increased cognitive motivation. When Adderall is advised to certain patients, they experience increased cognitive motivation. This makes them feel good and leads them toward the addiction to Adderall.
Signs Of Abuse
Learning about certain valuable goods of Adderall is fine but what if the dose of Adderall starts to increase. Let us now jump on to know the hazards of its overdose and the signs that the person is surely getting addicted to it.
- The patient starts to demand an increased dose of Adderall. This is the time when you get to know that they are getting addicted.
- The addicted person will start to mix alcohol with Adderall for a better effect.
- They start to inject these drugs directly into their veins.
The side effects include symptoms like headaches and poor sleep during the day or night. However, it improves the symptoms of depression or anxiety but if it is taken in an increased dose than it was prescribed, it can cause severe anxiety attacks, seizure attacks and stimulant-induced psychosis. Thus, to be safe, take the medicine under the prescribed routine.
There can be other common side effects too including symptoms like
- Restlessness: The patient feels completely restless and then gets dragged towards the drugs.
- There can be tremors in the patients.
- The patient will always stand in the dilemma and won’t be able to make better decisions.
- Hallucinations can be a major drawback. They get habitual of listening to voices which are not even there and can suffer unconsciousness later.
Treatment For The Abuse
Hospital administration of the patient is the best treatment for the patient suffering from an overdose. But if you can’t reach hospitals, the better chances are that they should go for gastric lavage or induced vomiting to take out the drug.
While laying down the final verdict, I would draw your attention to the fact that the drug is always going to relieve your pain but it does not mean that you are going to stick to it and take it regularly. So take it as a medicine and do not overdose yourself with it.