Did you love playing with slime in your childhood? How about you extend the same fun to your kids? After all, the gummy piece of non-toxic squishy polymer is not just a child’s game – but an adult’s stress buster as well! Having said everything, getting slime from outside these days can be a matter of a child’s safety (given the slimes are packed with chemicals). So, how to make clear slime at home for the kids?
This step-by-step guide will give you the procedure of making clear, glittered, and toothpaste-dishwasher slimes at home. Heandshefitness brings you a range of slime-making recipes –
How to make clear slime at home?
For the ones who have squished slime in their childhood, you might remember that borax was one of the key components of it. However, now with a much more aware set of parents, you can always replace borax with baking soda.
Here are some of the ways to make clear slime at home in multiple ways with baking soda –
1. Baking Soda and Glue combo
For everyone looking out for how to make clear slime in the easiest manner, the glue and baking soda combo comes foremost. In this case, you will have to use white glue. Let’s get to the details –
- You will require 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 100 ml of washable or white glue.
- You will also require 1 1/2 tablespoons of contact lens solution in this case.
- If you plan to use liquid food colouring, you will just require 5-6 drops.
- Blend all the ingredients together, and keep kneading it almost like a dough until it becomes firmer. Initially, the slime might be too sticky, but with time it will become thin with additional mixing. You might just increase the quantity of baking soda in this concoction.
Your basic slime is ready – in the shade of your choice!
2. Baking Soda and Contact Lens combo
How to make clear slime with contact lens solution? Unlike its alternatives, with contact lens solution, you will have options regarding creating a range of slimes – from slippery to gooey ones. Let’s check out the procedure –
- If you wish your slime to be firm, then you will have to use – 2 tablespoons of contact lens solution, 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda, and 1 tablespoon of water. Blend all the constituents together to prepare the slime.
- Are you looking for a thicker texture? In that case, you will have to combine 1 tablespoon each of baking soda and contact lens solution. Take this concoction and combine it with 200 ml of glue. Blend these components well to create what kids call – sand slime.
- How to make clear slime that is extremely squishy in nature? Again, you will simply have to change the quantity of the constituents to create this. You will require 1 tablespoon of contact lens sheet and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Add 1 tablespoon of water to it. Blend all of these and create a gooey mixture.
3. Baking Soda and Shampoo
You do not wish to use glue and do not have a contact lens solution at home. Fair enough, you can always find an alternative in shampoo! In this segment, you will see how to make clear slime with shampoo and baking soda –
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of shampoo
If you wish to bring a dash of hue to your slime, you may use food colouring.
When you are making the slime, in this case, you will have to blend shampoo, baking soda, and water together, and not differently. As you will proceed in this, you will see for yourself that when you put in the shampoo, automatically, the concoction attains that colour. But if you still wish to heighten it, you can always add a dash of food colour to it.
So, how to make clear slime with shampoo? As mentioned before, blend all three ingredients and keep stirring. You will automatically see that the slime attains a thickness level. If you see that the slime is not attaining the required thickness, you will have to add more shampoo to it. Similarly, if you see that it is too runny, then you need to add a pinch or two of baking soda.
How to make clear slime with glitter glue?
Assuming you have read the aforementioned ways of making clear slime, you now have a basic idea of the same. However, what’s slime when you do not have glittery hues to fulfil it? Here’s how to make clear slime with a sprinkling of glitter –
- Originally you would use white glue to make clear slime. However, when you are making glittery slime, you will have to use clear glue.
- 100 ml of clear glue or even glittery clear glue. Squeeze it out into a bowl.
- 3 tablespoons of multipurpose contact lens solution. You will have to add this to the glue. Once added, you will have to blend it well. Keep it aside.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- 1 cup of hot water
In case you are not using premeditated glittery glue, then that is good enough. If not, you can use 1 teaspoon of glitter with clear glue and blend it well.
Mix the baking soda in hot water and stir it well. Then allow it to sit down and bring it to room temperature. Now take the previously prepared glue-lens solution and start adding the baking soda little by little.
As you go on adding the solution, little by little, you will have to stir it to gain a thicker texture. Do not add all the water at once. Once the process is complete, you will see a thicker sparkly slime.
How to make slime with toothpaste and dish soap?
You might not know how to make clear slime by using dish soap and toothpaste. This segment will give you a detailed idea –
- You will have to take liquid dish soap and toothpaste – 3 tablespoons each and blend them in a mixing bowl.
- You can use your hand to blend them so that these two components are mixed into a dough kind of thing. If required, use a hand blender so that the thickness is uniform.
- Now sprinkle this mixture with some salt. Again blend the mixture.
- Now freeze this for an hour. In case you see that this blending is not squishy enough (chances are less though), you can re-freeze it for another 10 minutes.
Your dish soap – toothpaste slime is ready! Have a happy time playing around.
What precautions must you take for children?
Though you know how to make clear slime, and you might be making it with your child, however, here are some of the precautions you must take –
- This slime-making activity must be done by adults and children (above the age of 4 years). However, one must not use chemicals while making the slime; if one has to also, then one needs to keep the kids out of it.
- Before kickstarting this slime-making process, you will have to read out the contents of the label very well. If you, by chance, do ingest any of the chemicals, you must seek immense medical attention.
- Wear gloves before making and playing with slime. In case of skin irritation, consult the concerned medical professional.
- Do not allow children to play with slime for an extended period.
Be careful and enjoy
Now that you know how to make clear slime – get all the requirements and jet set with your child to create the Jell-O that all of you love. If you want such quirky updates – keep following this page.