If you are a smoked food lover, and that too those that are made on wood fires – a Traeger-made food wrapped with love and the best people around is almost like attaining Nirvana! The luscious smokey flavour of the food placed on your tongue just with the correct amount of food – and you want more of it! Yes – we know exactly how it is, so we bring you the best Traeger recipes you can try this season. Whether you are with friends or family, these are easy to make and do not require much time or effort.
#Before you start – note that the ingredients’ measurement is clearly mentioned here. Yet, you may change the measurement as per your taste and experience.
Table of Contents
What are the best Traeger recipes?
You want it smoked and delicious – here are the recipes to relish them.
1. Smoked chicken wings
Chicken wings (2.5 lb)
Black pepper, salt, paprika, and garlic powder (2 tablespoons)
Cumin powder (1 tablespoon)
How to make it?
- What’s a party without the wings of the chicken? As one of the best Traeger recipes you can make anywhere – you will have to start by concocting the spices and rubbing the wings all over with that.
- Allow the spicy concoction to set in. Keep it like that for 10 minutes.
- Heat up your Trager up to 250 degrees F. now place the wings on the rack and make sure you leave some space between them. Adjust the temperature within the thickest part of the meat to 165 degrees F.
- You will have to keep it for 2 hours minimum. Normally – it is done at a maximum of 2.5 hours, but do keep a check on the time.
#If you like – you could adjust the amount of spices as per your taste. Also, you could add or replace a spice or two as per your choice. However, the spice concoction must cover the meat before putting it in the Trager.
Also, if you like it, you could always cut the wings into segments making it easier to smoke.
2. Smoked meatloaf
Ground pork and beef (1 lb each)
Italian panko bread crumbs and chopped yellow onion (1/2 cup each) – US Standard size – 250 ml
Whisked eggs (2)
Shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups)
Garlic powder, black pepper, seasoned salt (1 teaspoon each)
Milk (1/4 cup)
Cooked and chopped bacon (8 strips)
How to make it?
- Firstly, take a bowl and concoct all the above-mentioned ingredients. Once the mesh is thoroughly blended, you will have to shape it into the loaf.
- Make sure that you have put your Trager to 325 degrees F, as already mentioned.
- Now take the loaf-size blended mesh and put it onto the Trager. Keep the temperature adjusted at 165 degrees F throughout. Technically, it should take around 2 hours for the mesh to be smoked and done.
- Once you retrieve it, immediately slice it and serve. You could cut it into rings or cubes as per your choice. Meatloaf is one of the best Traeger recipes, which serves up every occasion.
#If you do not have yellow onion at home, you could always use diced onion as an alternative.
3. Traeger smoked chicken breasts
Chicken breasts (choose your quantity and make sure to shred the skin and the bones)
Seasoning of your choice (usually there’s the market available, ‘Everything Rub.’) – (1/2 cup). Rubs are great alternatives to coat chicken breasts. Ensure that your rubs have the chosen dried herbs, sugar, salt and spices. Paprika, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and mustard powder are must-haves of this rub.
How to make it?
- You will have to coat the chicken breasts with the seasoning you brought. Cover the meat and freeze it for 10 minutes.
- Heat up the Traeger to 350 degrees F. When it is heated – place the chicken on the grill. Just make sure that the thickest part of the meat or the centre of the meat reaches 165 degrees F.
- Once the chicken has been cooked – remove it from the grill and cover it loosely with foil. You can either shred it to use it for salads or serve it as an appetiser. After all – what’s with the listing of best Traeger recipes if the chicken does not make it to the list?
#The amount of time required will depend on the number of chicken breasts you are cooking. Also, for best results, it is best to cook a maximum of two chicken breasts at one time.
4. Smoked brisket recipe
15-20 lb Brisket (1)
Red wine vinegar (1/3 cup) – US Standard size cup
Olive oil (1/3 cup)
Crushed garlic (2 cloves)
Apple juice (1 cup)
Pork rub seasoning (1 cup)
How to make it?
- If the brisket comes with fat, then you will have to trim the excess fat. But make sure that the brisket is laced with a fair amount of fat content to escalate the taste of the meat.
- Now, concoct the vinegar, garlic, and olive oil. Once the concoction is thick, you will have to brush both sides of the meat with it.
- Once the essential brushing is done, you will have to spread the seasoning on the meat. Though pork rub seasoning is the usual – you may use any seasoning of your choice.
- After you have spread the seasoning, wrap the meat and refrigerate it for 6-7 hours (the longer, the better). If you are following the traditional format, you must marinate the meat in the morning and put it on the grill in the evening or at night.
- You will have to heat the Traeger to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. If yours has a super-smoke setting, you can always use that. While that is happening, bring out the brisket that will assuredly become one of the best Traeger recipes and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Once the smoker is ready, you must put the brisket (fat side down) on the Traeger and spray the meat with apple juice. Ensure that you put the probe into the thickest part of the meat and set the temperature at 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- As you will see – the smoked brisket’s internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit – spray it with apple juice once again. Now take it off and wrap it up in butcher paper.
- After that again, place it back on the grill; this time, you must put the fat-coated side up.
- Continue smoking the brisket in the Traeger until it reaches 200 degrees F. Since this will take some more hours, let it be. The more it is grilled – the better it will be cooked.
#Do you like burnt ends? As one of the best Traeger recipes – the charm of this is the caramelised burnt edges that give a new flavour to this smoked brisket recipe. For that – you will have to chop the deckles into cube sizes and place them on an aluminium tray. Now take the juices accumulated in the butcher paper’s ends and pour them over the burnt edges.
Toss the burnt edges with sauce, brown sugar, or even honey, and place them on the grill at 500 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Some extra brisket is left? Punch them in your egg sandwiches or make tacos out of them.
5. Traeger Chocolate Lava Cake
Done with all the smoked food? A chocolate dessert is a must! As one of the, best Traeger recipes, this one has your heart wrapped in love.
Self-rising flour (2 cups). If you wish to substitute it, you can always use all-purpose flour but add baking powder and salt to the same. Regarding the measurements – for every cup of self-rising flour, you can replace them with all-purpose flour of the same measure and – add 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Blend all the ingredients to create the required flour. Keep changing the quantity as per requirements.
Granulated white sugar (3 1/2 cups)
Boiling water (3 cups)
Milk (1 cup)
Unsweetened cocoa powder (1/2 cup)
Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
Butter (3/4 cup)
How to make it?
- For starters – let the Traeger preheat to 350 degrees F while you prepare the cake base.
- To make the batter – you will have to blend the flour, cocoa powder and granulated sugar. Once this blend is thick enough, you must add the vanilla extract and milk. Ensure that this batter is thick.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and brush the batter you have prepared over it. The butter must be fully melted before you cover it with the batter. You may use a spoon to coat the batter around your skillet if required.
- Once the batter set-up is done, you will have to blend the remaining cocoa powder and sugar (1/2 cup of each). Once they are mixed adequately, sprinkle them over the batter in a way that covers the whole of the batter.
- As you have seen – the choco lava cake is set. To further set it before you put it into the grill, you must pour the boiling water over the surface of the cake.
- All set? Place the skillet onto the Traeger and bake it for 35 minutes minimum at 350 degrees F. When the baking is over – you will have to cool it for 15 minutes.
#Slice it into pieces and serve hot. Don’t miss out on the coffee.
Smoking it up
This was the listicle of the best Traeger recipes you could try this season or for your next party. As you have seen, this list mostly covered smoked meat in the best way. But what if you want something more? Ever tried smoked watermelon? Keep checking this site for updates.
Monalisa Mukherjee is a content writer and copywriter with close to 3 years of experience. She has written for websites like Biography Talk, Contour Cafe, He And She Fitness and Fiction Pad. She is currently associated with a noted Digital Marketing Agency and specialises in writing articles for travel, entertainment, cooking, celeb, lifestyle, tech, health, fashion and film news.