Have you been feeling sexually sluggish lately? A good night’s sleep, a couple of sprints at the nearby park, and a good meal should solve the problem. After all, what else, apart from a tired body or a stressed mind, could result in you feeling sluggish? The answer is low testosterone count! For those looking out for ways on how to naturally increase testosterone levels in the body, your search ends here!
This article will highlight the initial signs of low testosterone count, ways in which you will be able to level up your testosterone count, along with certain things you must avoid in the process. Why wait? Let’s get to the basics –
Table of Contents
Initial signs of low testosterone
Having a low sex drive is not the only sign of low testosterone. Other features associated with the same include problems with erection, insomnia, and other sleep-related problems, bone loss, decrease in the size or strength of muscles, and in the long run, depression.
If you are dealing with any such problem, it is better to undergo tests, and if confirmed, it is time to boost your virility levels.
How to naturally increase testosterone volume?
In this section, you will get an idea of how you may be able to shoot up your testosterone volume.
1. Chart out a new schedule for yourself
This is one of the most important ways and the key to ultimately increasing the testosterone levels in your body. Two factors need to be discussed here – your schedule and your diet.
- Schedule – For starters, you need to alter your erratic schedule. If you cannot fit your exercise routine and your work into it, chart out a new schedule to balance both. Sleep for a minimum of 6.5 – 7 hours, and also categorically schedule your sleep and getting up routine. This will allow your body to get accustomed to a proper schedule and thereby enhance the normal functioning of the body.
- Diet – You need to cut out junk food and carbonated drinks from your list! Rather, add fresh fruits, vegetables, and fruit juices to that. Also, ensure that the number of your carbs, protein, and fats is balanced and the nutrients do not go overboard. Multiple studies have found food products such as oysters, ginger, pomegranates, fortified plant-based milk and other dairy products, leafy vegetables, fatty fish, and extra-virgin olive oil are some of the key foods that immediately boost the testosterone levels of the body. So, if you are wondering how to naturally increase testosterone by changing your diet – here’s the resolution!
2. Schedule your training program
If you are already into the workout procedure, then changing the style of your workout is how to naturally increase testosterone. Say, for example, you are someone who is already physically active, runs sprints, or is into cardio – then you need to start combining your cardio workouts with strength training. For a novice, there’s a whole new routine that has to be planned. Let’s try to clarify the details –
- Since obesity is directly linked to low testosterone count, hence, if you suffer from it, then your first target must be to reduce weight. In that case, start with (assuming you are a novice) free-hand exercises such as squats, skipping, and jumping jacks and add yoga to that routine. If done regularly, it would take 4-6 weeks to lose weight. After that, all you need to do is maintain that weight to keep your testosterone levels stable.
- If you are already into cardio and want to know about the other exercises that would enhance the body’s testosterone levels naturally, then add strength training to this schedule. Though cardio helps burn calories, strength training categorically helps boost the body’s overall metabolism. This is essential for boosting fertility levels in the body.
#Note: Ensure that you start with free-hand exercises and do not enrol in a gym unless you are completely assured of the exercise schedule.
3. Check any of your underlying medical condition
Before you kickstart your routine of naturally improving testosterone content in your body, you need to check out for any underlying medical condition. As mentioned previously, obesity is one of the primary reasons behind your low testosterone count. Therefore, you must check for medical conditions like diabetes (type 2), metabolic syndrome, or even obstructive sleep apnea since they could be a direct reason for your lack of masculinity.
Hence, before you decide to boost your testosterone and work in that direction, cure yourself of any of the aforementioned conditions.
4. Reduce your stress levels
If you are exploring further ways to know how to naturally increase testosterone – then you must reduce your stress levels. Chronic stress elevates the cortisol levels in the body, negatively affecting testosterone production. This further aggravates the emotional inhibition and aggression level in males – which, on the whole, negatively affects their physical health in the long run.
Hence, to improve the testosterone levels naturally in the body, you must reduce your stress levels.
If you somehow cannot manage it, then try maintaining a schedule and also practice meditation or yoga. All of this helps in reducing cortisol levels and amplifying testosterone levels.
5. Cut down on your alcohol and cigarette consumption
Though this does not directly resolve the query in a direct manner, on the whole, is an important lifestyle change that you must make. Both these vices affect the hormone levels in your body – which directly affects your reproductive health, thereby lowering your virility standards.
6. Increase your Vitamin D supplements
This is another key micronutrient that plays an important role in managing your testosterone levels. Vitamin D is available in multiple food sources, such as egg yolks, seafood, fish oil, and fatty fish. Apart from that, regular exposure to sunlight (15-20) minutes is also essential to synthesize the Vitamin D in your body. When you naturally improve your body’s Vitamin D content, your body’s testosterone levels will automatically amplify naturally.
7. Manage your hormone levels
Lastly, apart from all the natural ways that you have figured out, you must control the hormone levels to raise your virility count. To explain it simply, maintaining a healthy sex life is an important factor in increasing the testosterone levels in the body. Suppose you are constantly exposed to chemicals like parabens or bisphenol A – that could lower your testosterone count. So, you need to maintain the same naturally.
Once you have exhausted the natural ways to improve your testosterone levels, you can always rely on the testosterone therapies that are medically approved. According to a review report published by Nature Reviews Endocrinology – in certain cases, this therapy is quite helpful in amplifying the virility levels in your body.
When you check out how to naturally increase testosterone these are some of the crucial pointers that you must keep in mind.
What to avoid in the process?
In the process of enhancing your testosterone levels naturally, if there’s one thing that you need to avoid is – the concept of ‘overdoing.’ Whether it is the food or the medicines, you must balance it well.
- In case your testosterone level is too low and you are wondering how to naturally increase testosterone and whether it would take a significant time (the details of both are provided above) to do the same – it is mostly advised to opt for testosterone pills. However, you need to remember that these pills cannot be taken regularly or even for a long time since they reduce the body’s natural capacity to produce testosterone.
- Also, when you are changing your diet to upgrade testosterone levels, do not stuff your body with too much protein or carbs. You must maintain a balance in your intake of nutrients.
- The same goes for the exercises that you choose. If you are a non-workout person, start slowly. If you are already into workouts, change your workout type slowly.
- Avoid any kind of packaged or processed meat or other food items and canned products.
So, on the whole, overdoing or unnecessarily enhancing the already-in-motion process is not advisable when you wish to improve the testosterone count in your body.
Testosterone count in a normal male must be within 264 – 916 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL) within 19-39 years of age. In case you are on the lower side; it is time that you look up how to naturally increase testosterone like the strategies that are mentioned here. Since this article has been curated with the help of medical experts, it will help you increase your testosterone level. If you have any other tricks or strategies, please let us know in the comments section. Did you like this page? Then share it with your near and dear ones, and keep following this website for more!
Monalisa Mukherjee is a content writer and copywriter with close to 3 years of experience. She has written for websites like Biography Talk, Contour Cafe, He And She Fitness and Fiction Pad. She is currently associated with a noted Digital Marketing Agency and specialises in writing articles for travel, entertainment, cooking, celeb, lifestyle, tech, health, fashion and film news.