This world is full of people, and so is a disease. It is so hard to save yourself from diseases and keep yourself healthy. If you don’t have any physical diseases, you might be having some mental stress. Something or the other has to keep you to a lower step. No one is completely healthy. Because health does not only means being fit physically, it also points out for you to be socially and mentally free from all kinds of stress, and trust me, this holistic health is impossible to achieve with so much going on around. So let us today focus on how to save yourself from physical disease first. – About Pneumonia
What is that disease that is troubling humans the most? It is undoubtedly Pneumonia. How and Why? What is the treatment for Pneumonia? All these questions will be answered later. So dive in now.
Table of Contents
Pneumonia And Its Symptoms
Pneumonia can be described as the inflammation of the parenchyma of the lungs. It affects that portion of the lung that is distal to the terminal bronchioles. It affects multiple parts involving respiratory bronchioles, alveolar ducts, sacs, and alveoli.
Talking about the symptoms, many common symptoms can be seen clinically, which are described below:
- It causes coughing as well as dyspnea.
- The sputum can be with a stream of blood in it. This symptom is also named hemoptysis.
- There can be shaking chills and rigors.
- The patient can suffer from a high-grade fever.
- It can cause occasional vomiting, headaches, body aches, and joint aches.
- It can cause chest pain that can be stabbing as well as constant.
- There is a loss of appetite, causing weakness.
- There can be severe convulsions in children, and signs of central cyanosis might be observed.
Causes Of Pneumonia
Before knowing the treatment for Pneumonia, let’s know some causes. Pneumonia is an infective disease. This means that the only thing that can cause Pneumonia is microorganisms. Organisms like streptococcal Pneumonia, staphylococcus aureus, Mycoplasma, Legionella Pneumophila, and others like H.influenza and K.pneumonia are responsible for causing Pneumonia.
These microorganisms reach the lungs in three ways.
- The patients generally inhale these organisms into their bodies from the air.
- If the infected needle is inserted into your bloodstream, there is a hematogenous spread in the body.
- There can be a direct spread of the infection in the body from a contagious site of injury or infection.
As I always say, Investigations are done to confirm the diseases that the doctor has suspected clinically. To confirm if the patient is suffering from Pneumonia or not, the following investigations must be performed:
- Blood tests are performed to know the total leucocyte count for leucocytosis.
- A sputum examination is done by performing a culture test to determine which bacteria affects the individual.
- A nose and throat swab culture is done.
- Urine tests are performed.
- Chest X-rays are some to record any pulmonary opacity.
- Blood gas analyses are performed.
- If pleural effusion gets developed, diagnostic thoracentesis should be performed.
Patients At Risk
It is very important to know which kind of patients are going to be at risk so that you can prevent it yourself.
- Infants: Every third infant that dies, dies because of Pneumonia. Counting all over the world, 9 lakhs of infants die of Pneumonia every year. So keep your child safe by keeping yourself healthy during and after the pregnancy.
- Adults above 60 years of age: The people with older age have weak immunity, thus have a high chance of catching diseases like Pneumonia.
- Underlying Disease: If the patient is already suffering from any diseases, lung diseases, in particular, they are at high risk of catching Pneumonia.
Doctors prescribe medical management to cure Pneumonia. Here is the treatment for Pneumonia.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics like clarithromycin and amoxicillin are prescribed to avoid the accumulation of bacteria in the lungs.
- Oxygen Therapy: Regular oxygen supply is given to the patient to maintain the body’s requirement that the lungs are unable to meet due to infection.
- Analgesics: To cure chest pain, analgesics like paracetamol are advised to the patient.
- Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy is given to the patient. To avoid pain, they are advised to cough in the right way by bending forward and keeping an arm around the diaphragm region.
Home Remedies For Treatment for Pneumonia
Several home remedies and treatments for Pneumonia are advised to the patients, which help relieve some amount of pain and coughing. They are given below:
- Herbs: Herbs like eucalyptus and peppermint are very useful in treating Pneumonia. They break down the inflamed layer of the mucous that provides relief from the constant coughing symptom. It helps in calming the throat. Thus, boiling the herbs in water, consuming them, and taking peppermint directly can help.
- Saltwater Gargles: Saltwater gargles are very easy. Whenever there is an inflamed throat with severe coughing, doctors recommend salt water gargles. Semi-Boil the water and add some salt to it. Gargle from this water for 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
- Vitamin C: Take Vitamin C in your diet. If not possible, take supplements of vitamin C. Try taking up fruits that are rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C provides properties like antibacterial and antioxidant. This helps to cure your symptoms of Pneumonia.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. Turmeric tea can be made by adding turmeric and tea leaves to the boiling water and then drinking. What else can be done is you can add turmeric to the milk and then boil it for some time. This warms up your throat and helps to heal inflammation. Drink this once a day regularly for better results.
- Honey And Lemon: You can put some honey and lemon into boiling water and mix it well for treatment for Pneumonia. Drink this every morning to calm your throat and get some relief from coughing.
- Fenugreek Tea: fenugreek tea aids in the treatment of Pneumonia. The fenugreek tea decreases the high fever symptom of Pneumonia. It stimulates sweating and releases the fever.
- Steam: Taking steam provides moisture to the throat. This heals the coughing of the patient by eliminating the severe inflammation of your sore throat.
- Avoid Intoxication: If you want to strike out this disease from your list, try not to intoxicate yourself. Stuff like smoking and alcoholism can increase the risk of Pneumonia. This can make you even sicker. So if you are a smoker, quit smoking to aid the treatment of Pneumonia.
- Ginger: Ginger provides easy breathing in Pneumonia. It removes the inflamed mucous of the throat.
- Rest: Complete rest is very necessary.
So this was all about the treatment of Pneumonia. Taking the proper medication at least following some of the home remedies given can give you a certain amount of relief to you. These remedies might not completely cure your diseases but will give you some relief for sure.
I am an Ambitious girl with a special interest in writing and sharing my knowledge. I love to hangout with nature and learn from it. My words will display the power of nature to the best as I love to write about the environment.