If you are passionate about working out and take your workouts seriously, CrossFit is for you. It is a branded fitness regimen, a new trend in the fitness industry. It follows one of the most intense workout plans that creates an impact on the entire body. Cross Fit workouts include varied functional movements performed at a high pace and with high intensity. Good news is that you don’t have to hit the gym to experience the goodness of Cross Fit exercises. Whether you are traveling or working on a hectic schedule, you do not have to miss out on your fitness regimen. Just a quick session of Work out of the Day, also known as WOD, can reenergize you immensely, making you feel alive. Read on for more details about this extremely challenging workout plan and find out some CrossFit workouts by Indian workouts.
A Brief History of CrossFit Workouts
CrossFit exercises were developed as a branded fitness regimen by Greg Glassman in 2000. With Lauren Jenai, Glassman founded Cross Fit, Inc. which has affiliated with 1000s of gyms all over the world for their world-class training program. Cross Fit training is usually an interesting mix of several forms of workouts like aerobics, weightlifting, gymnastics, Olympic-style powerlifting, calisthenics and more. It does not only facilitate weight loss but also aims at toning the body, build and increase muscle strength, enhance endurance and flexibility and build a body that you have always desired for.
Since CrossFit exercises are high in intensity, it is advised to consult your doctor before getting started with it. Patients with heart problems are strictly advised against performing this type of tough and challenging workouts. Meanwhile, CrossFit workouts for beginners includes beginners’ exercises that will ease their way into the new technique of fitness regime. Gradually, they step to the advanced level of WODs when they are ready. However, it is recommended to perform the workout under the supervision of an expert. If you are a beginner or someone who is interested in CrossFit workouts at home, here is a CrossFit exercises list to start with. It is necessary that you follow the right technique to avoid exhausting yourself or causing a serious injury.
1. Jumping squats: There is a high possibility that you have performed squats several times. However, to take it to the CrossFit level, you must perform jumping squats. It is one of the most effective CrossFit moves that can be performed at home.
Begin in standing position with feet hip-width apart. With your stomach tightened, weight on your heels, drop your body in a low squat. Push off the feet and move into a jump. Land carefully and softly with your knees bent and weight on your heels. Repeat it for at least 3 rounds and as rapidly as possible
2. Burpee Sprint Workout: It is considered to be one of the toughest exercises, but it is the most effective too. Burpees get your entire body moving and most of your muscles working. This CrossFit exercise is a full body strength training workout that is performed in four steps. Beginning in standing position, you enter the squat position with your palms touching the ground. Then, kick your feet back and take plank position but your arms remain extended in the front. Immediately, move back into squat position, and then back to standing position. When performed in two-minute sprint workout form, Burpees can prove to be really challenging and impactful.
3. Pistol Squats: All you need is a chair or a bench for this workout. Start in a standing position. With your weight on your left heel, lift your right leg in the air, just a few inches above the ground. Slowly move down to low squatting position, with your right leg extended in front. Push back to come back to standing positions.
4. Plank Jack: Planks are a great move for core strengthening. However, adding motion with jumping jacks to the plank makes it more advanced and effective. Beginning in static plank position, like jumping jacks, jump your legs wide and then bring them back together. Do it as fast as possible for at least 20 repetitions. It is a great core workout.
5. 15-Minute AMRAP Workout: When you don’t have much time to spare, a 15-minute AMRAP workout shall come to your rescue. AMRAP stands for As Many Reps/Rounds as Possible. It’s a full body High-intensity workout. All you have to do is select one or more exercises of your regular CrossFit workout plan. If you are choosing more than one form of exercise, create a circuit with a fixed amount of time and reps dedicated to each form. Set your stopwatch to 15 minutes and then perform As Many Reps as Possible. Don’t forget to stay hydrated and take necessary rest. Before you begin, perform a small warm up in order to avoid injury. Here is an example of a good AMRAP. 10 Burpees, 10 Pistol Squats, 15 Air Squats, and 5 Handstands makes for a quite an effective Cross Fit AMRAP.
CrossFit workouts have a reputation of being extremely tough. However, it is one of the most effective weight loss and body toning workout plans. It is time efficient and can be performed anywhere, anytime. The intensity of the workout leaves you feeling highly motivated and energetic. Throughout the workout, your heart rate remains elevated. Hence, it improves heart health, stamina and keeps your lung functioning. It even increases endurance and joint mobility. Every workout is unique therefore you will never get bored.
Incoming search terms:
- best crossfit workouts