Saturday edition of Rachael and Derek’s “day in the life” featuring cooking eggs for Rachael, cable chest fly workout, running errands, making Mongolian Beef together, and a cable bicep workout! RECIPE BELOW:
½ pound sirloin tip, sliced thin
1 egg white
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cup plus, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup onion, sliced and cut
¾ cup of green onion, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
¼ teaspoon white pepper
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup white sugar
1. Chop garlic and add to white cooking wine. Set aside
2. Trim fat from sirloin tip, Slice 1/8 inch thick into 2×1 inch pieces.
3. Place beef in bowl. Add egg white. Mix to coat pieces of beef.
4. Add corn starch, mix lightly.
5. Add 1 tablespoon oil and mix well, coating all pieces of beef.
6. Heat wok until very hot, and add 1 cup oil “Heat briefly“.
7. Add beef, turning. When beef turns light brown, remove and drain.
8. Turn off wok and clean with heavy, wet towel or clean the wok with dish soap.
9. Heat wok on high again. Add 1 cup of oil.
10. Add beef again, turning. Cook until dark brown.
11. Add white onion and green onions, stir.
12. Add white pepper powder, garlic in wine, soy sauce, and sugar, stir.
13. Cook for 1-2 minutes on high, stirring constantly.
Serve with white rice or noodles.