Do the terms “superfood supplements”, “top 10 power fruits”, and “power-packed nutrition supplements” trend in your browser? Though more of a marketing gimmick, these supplements are those products that help bridge the gap in nutrition and provide an additional layer of health benefits beyond their usual nutritional value.
Going by the statistics – the size of the wellness and health food market has exceeded a whopping $840 billion in 2021, looking towards achieving more.
If you are someone who wishes to have an ‘extra’ dose of supplements or looking to tap the potential that you are missing out from your daily dose of consumption, this is one content that will assist you.
In this write-up, you get details of the supplements, benefits accrued to them, and elements they must not have to qualify for the superfood category. Scroll down to get the specifics –
What are superfood supplements?
This listicle will provide you with the names. But before that, it is best to understand what Merriam-Webster has to say about this superfood additive. The definition goes – “A food product that is rich in compounds considered beneficial to a person’s health.” Now it is time to get to know the food products –
#The first and the best – Moringa Powder
Moringa Powder is everything that you would want in a superfood additive. The ‘miracle tree’ of Ayurvedic medicine has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties.
The green additive contains magnesium, Vitamins A and B6, antioxidants, iron, potassium, and calcium.
#Following closely – Acai Powder
Another name in the range of superfood supplements that most people can rely on is acai powder. Compared to the other superfoods, this is high in calories – pair it up with any fruit or nut, which is a clear winner.
What it has? Omega 6 and 9 extracts, phytochemicals, antioxidants, and Vitamin C.
#Next, you can check – Chlorella Powder
Have you been looking for a vegan protein-rich supplement? Well – the chlorella powder is a great buy!
It is particularly rich in beta-carotene and chlorophyll. It is a natural source of Vitamin B12 and has high detoxification properties
#The alternative for the above – Maca Powder
Alternatively known as Peruvian ginseng – this powder is one of the well-known superfood supplements you must check out. With a caramel, nutty flavor – this is one to try this season!
Its positives include boosting energy, regulating hormonal levels, and promoting adrenal standards. It contains – copper, amino acids, zinc, iron, and Vitamin C, to name a few.
#The Baobab Powder
Coming from the domains of Africa, this is one superfood additive that is a great sprinkle on when it comes to – citrus fruits, energy balls, and flavored drinks. Though some studies show that it reduces the absorption power of nutrients, as of the latest medical news, the percentage of the same is negligible.
It contains calcium, antioxidants, Vitamin C, potassium, niacin, and fiber. In certain tests on animals – it has also been shown to reduce inflammation.
#Check out the benefits of Spirulina Powder
The last and definitely one of the best superfood supplements is Spirulina Powder. Given that its past ranges from the domains of the Aztecs, and in modern times it has been touted as a solution for food insecurity and astronaut food, rest assured, this is one ingredient you cannot miss out on.
- It is packed with plant proteins, iron, and chlorophyll
- It also boasts – niacin, manganese, thiamin, iron, and antioxidants
- Some research shows that it reduces cholesterol levels
- It is an environment-friendly food product right from beneath the seas
Some special superfood supplements to note
The supplements mentioned above are the usual ones you must add to your plate. However, apart from them, in this listicle specially curated with the assistance of a renowned nutritionist, you will find 4 specific supplements.
These are not part of the daily supplement since their requirement to the body can be well-fulfilled if consumed once to twice a week. The varieties are –
1. Metabolism Boosters – The ingredients such as – carnitine, capsimax, and green tea are additives that your body requires. Once-a-week consumption of these additionals can help your body recover internally to a great extent.
2. Collagen Boosters – Collagen peptide supplements are some superpowered products you need to include in your diet once a week. They specifically help to regenerate your skin and reduce the aging process.
3. Powdered Greens – Having your standard set of greens is a must to garner energy levels. However – powdered greens as superfood supplements are one of the best modes to integrate minerals and vitamins into your food routine, which you might miss out on. Twice a week is a good start.
4. Egg White Protein – The supplements of egg white protein are beneficial for building lean muscles and assisting in recovery. Twice a week, consumption of this supplement will surely benefit you substantially.
What is the ‘edge’ that superfood supplements provide?
Here are some quick pointers for you to understand –
- They help in weight loss and regulate the appetite. Therefore, the eased digestion process and development of a better gut improve the body’s energy level.
- The superfood supplements strengthen the body’s immune system, improve its working capacity, and lower the inflammation rate.
- Lastly, organic superfoods are rich in antioxidants and, therefore, give structure to the skin. This, on the whole, helps to maintain the skin’s texture, elasticity, and firmness.
Clearly – admit that you want this ‘edge’ over your normal quota of foods!
Your supplement must not have these
There are certain aspects that you must keep in mind while you choose your range of superfood supplements. Make sure that the additives you choose do not have –
- Artificial Flavors and Sweeteners – From food sensitivities to the negatives such as – deteriorating skin conditions, fatigue, and headaches – artificial additives are not your friend, even in the garb of superfood!
- Gluten – You must have been hearing the concept of going gluten-free in the last couple of years. Well, the reason is – gluten causes hormonal imbalance, issues in the skin, fatigue, and headaches – not really the concerns you want from a superfood additive.
- Fillers and Dextrin – The biggest positive of a superfood additive is that it is a nutrition-packed product that eases digestion. However, both these components increase the body’s glycemic index, thereby working more in the negative for the body rather than the positive.
Thus, ensure that when you buy additives, you steer clear of products induced with these particles.
What should you look for in these additives?
It is time to navigate down to figure out what to look for in these additives –
- Single-ingredient packed powders – Do understand that your superfood additive must not be integrated with any other filler material. It must be a singular ingredient powder product.
- It must be organic and freezer-dried – Make sure that the superfood supplements you buy must be both organic and freeze-dried. If they fit into both these categories, only then buy the additives.
Superpower your body
With the growing popularity of these superfood supplements, it is no secret that their overall value will rise in the coming years. In fact – according to upcoming trends, by 2026 – supplements of this variety will supposedly have a market value of $1 trillion.
Clearly – it is time to understand its inherent value and choose your supplement, keeping the points in mind. If you want to know more, visit this page for more content on this topic.
Monalisa Mukherjee is a content writer and copywriter with close to 3 years of experience. She has written for websites like Biography Talk, Contour Cafe, He And She Fitness and Fiction Pad. She is currently associated with a noted Digital Marketing Agency and specialises in writing articles for travel, entertainment, cooking, celeb, lifestyle, tech, health, fashion and film news.