The carrier oil that your CBD or hemp extract is suspended in plays a large role in the overall effectiveness of the CBD tincture. Getting extra health benefits from your carrier oil is something you should consider when choosing a CBD oil or essential oil that you use regularly. There are many carrier oils, and you should be aware of the benefits that each has so that you can choose wisely when using either topically or orally. One such carrier oil with many health benefits is cranberry seed oil. Not many CBD oil producers utilize this powerful anti-oxidant-rich oil.
What is a Carrier Oil?
The carrier oil is the delivery vehicle. Most CBD oils use MCT oil, but others may use hemp seed oil, coconut oil, or cranberry seed oil, like Wisconsin-based Green Owl Wellness. The carrier oil is the base substance that literally “carries” supplements or other compounds into your body and/or blood stream. A carrier oil is typically derived from a seed, a nut, or from kernels of a plant.
Benefits of Cranberry Seed Oil
Cranberry seed oil has a healthy balance of Omega 3, 6, and 9. It is also high in Vitamin E. These essential nutrients enable the oil to soak deep into the skin and provides antioxidants that help protect it. When applied topically, this cranberry seed oil may have some awesome benefits for your skin and hair health. It is considered an anti-aging oil as well.
Potential skin and hair benefits of the oil are as follows:
- Phytosterols can encourage collagen production, which can assist wrinkles and signs of aging
- Proanthocyanidins can help protect skin from the sun’s damaging rays.
- Cranberry seed oil also has the potential to stimulate hair growth while minimizing hair loss.
Aside from the topical benefits, some of the internal health benefits of cranberry seed oil are as follow:
- May help treat urinary tract infections.
- May help eliminate toxins in your body.
- May help prevent oral infections.
- May improve heart health.
- May improve the digestive system.
Benefits of CBD Oil
The use of CBD oil has grown more popular over the years. Many people across the globe are turning to CBD oil to assist with things like pain or anxiety. While there are many anecdotes or CBD helping, more research is needed before any direct conclusions can be drawn. Some of the other reported beneficial uses of CBD oil include:
- Potential to assist with issues from anxiety and depression.
- Potential to benefit people with neurological disorders.
- Potential to help with the side effects of cancer treatments like discomfort, nausea, and vomiting.
- May assist with insomnia or sleeplessness.
You can use CBD oil and/or essential oils for massages or aromatherapy. When using these oils on a regular basis, you can add more benefits by choosing the best carrier oil for your needs. Using cranberry seed oil as your carrier oil, whether taken orally or topically, is a great choice to give you many health benefits.