Teeth whitening commercials and products are everywhere all the time, and it’s pretty obvious that white teeth are the “in” thing. But what can teeth whitening treatments actually do for you, besides the obvious? You might be surprised to find out that teeth whitening can improve your life in lots of little ways. All these small ways add up to make a big difference in how you look, how you feel about yourself and what other people think about you.
How White Teeth Benefit You
How can white teeth actually improve your life, your relationships, and your self-image? There are many ways that white teeth benefit you and help you enjoy a much healthier mouth overall. Who knows? Whiter teeth may create all sorts of changes in your life that lead to a chain reaction of happy events.
- A prettier smile. Teeth whitening gives you a noticeably nicer smile. Your smile will be brighter and more dazzling after a whitening treatment, and that’s what everyone wants. This improvement to your smile has an extra benefit: higher self-esteem. When you feel better about yourself and feel more confident, all kinds of wonderful things may start to happen in your life.
- Healthier teeth. With fewer stains on your teeth, your teeth and enamel become stronger and healthier. This helps improve your all-over oral health. Having healthier teeth means less tooth sensitivity and mouth pain, and fewer trips to the dentist to treat problems.
- Your effect on others. When you greet people with a bright, white smile, you’ll immediately come across as a confident and well-groomed person who takes care of themselves. That’s exactly the message you want to convey in both social and professional situations. It may sound like a lot is being put on a smile but think about it. How do you judge someone with a great, dazzling smile, compared to someone who has stained and yellow teeth?
- It’s very safe. Professional whitening treatments are safe for you and your teeth. You may notice a little extra sensitivity immediately after the treatment, but for the most part, you will have very little pain and no side effects from a whitening at the dentist.
- It’s quick. When you do get a professional whitening treatment, the whole process is pretty quick and very straightforward. The entire treatment often takes less than an hour, and your smile will be visibly whiter the moment you’re done.
- Get more attention. You’ll get noticed by others when you flash your pearly whites. Having a white smile can make you stand out and draw attention. With white teeth, it’s a little easier to get noticed by the opposite sex, make an impression in the conference room at work, and stand out in any crowd.
- You can get multiple treatments. You can get multiple teeth whitening treatments until you get the shade of white you want. Having regular whitening treatments also allows you to maintain that dazzling white smile and prevent stains from setting in.
- You’ll look younger. Stained, discolored teeth look like older teeth, and it’s no secret that teeth do get less white with age. By whitening your teeth, you’ll make yourself look younger because you’ll have a sparkling, youthful smile.
- White teeth make you happy. When you know your teeth look great, you’re going to want to smile more. And just by smiling, you’re actually improving your overall mental health. When you smile, your body releases endorphins that make you feel happy. Smiling isn’t just what happens when you feel happy doing it can actually make you happy.
- It promotes healthier habits. Once you have beautiful teeth, you’ll be motivated to maintain them. Many people find that their oral health habits improve after they have their teeth whitened. You’ll have many more reasons to brush, floss and care for your teeth on a regular basis, and this will give you a much healthier mouth.
You and Your New Smile
Teeth whitening treatments can give you a new smile and a new sense of self. Whiter teeth can possibly lead you to a new love interest, help you gain attention at work, make you stand out in a crowd and give you a much healthier mouth overall. There are many benefits to having whiter teeth. Start discovering them on your own, and start enjoying your new, more dazzling smile.