People, in general, love to hear what others have to say about the perfect skincare routine for aging skin. Some people would recommend more natural ways of enhancing the appearance of aging skin, whereas some people would resort to the latest anti aging products that claim to be the next best thing in skin science. These days, people also casually consider skin rejuvenation techniques. If you haven’t been part of the discussion yet, tend to distrust the claims or, just not sure what to think about this latest approach in anti aging skincare then, you need to listen in more closely.
The Top 6 Ways Skin Rejuvenation Supports Aging Skin
While some of the best skin care tips you’ll ever hear are the ones that go back to the basics — following a proper routine, eating healthy, exercising regularly and sleeping sufficient hours every night, to name a few — it doesn’t have to stop there. Skin rejuvenation techniques are slowly but surely changing the face of anti aging skincare and want to be there, ready to harness all of the beauty these procedures have to give. Here’s the secret: the benefits are raining down like a long lost blessing to humanity.
What you need to know right now is how skin rejuvenation can help reawaken the youthful skin in you. There are at least 6 ways by which you can take advantage of these procedures:
- It makes your skin generally look younger. These procedures go all the way down to the depths of your skin where repairs and rejuvenation are needed the most. By addressing multiple signs of skin aging on multiple layers of your skin, these techniques enhance the youthful health and appearance of your skin. That’s where the miracle skin healing properties of these procedures come from — by promoting healthier, more resilient skin.
- It speeds up skin regeneration and turnover. These two key mechanisms for skin renewal serve as the pillars of anti aging skincare. The most commonly utilized technique is exfoliation. It is in this regard that different types of procedures deliver different levels of intensity of treatment. Some of the basic nuggets of wisdom you must know when availing of these treatments and, most of all for this purpose, are as follows:
- Chemical peels use chemical exfoliants available in varying degrees of exfoliating capacity. Chemical peels are available for mild, moderate or severe degrees of exfoliation. Your skincare specialist will be able to provide you with professional advice regarding which peel works best for your skin type, age, tolerance, and results you want to see. Undergoing periodic chemical peels remains to be one of the top tips for glowing skin.
- Lasers provide a better targeted approach compared to chemical peels. Laser skin treatments systematically wound the skin, and it also has a powerful capability to select exactly which layer and portion of your skin to slough off, causing no damage to adjacent, healthy skin cells.
- Non-invasive skin rejuvenation techniques are also available to enhance skin without causing any form of damage.
- There are minimally invasive injectable fillers which includes hyaluronic acid and collagen fillers that support faster youthful skin revival that begins as soon as these have been injected into your skin.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Often tapped for the relief of pain and chronic diseases, people are also beginning to turn to therapies like acupuncture, hydrotherapy, acupressure, meditation and nutrition therapies for improving skin health and maintaining a youthful skin appearance. These therapies are focused on more holistic approaches to restoring skin’s youthfulness by restoring the health of your body.
- It lightens acne marks and age spots. These hyper pigmentation issues are usually located superficially on your skin. If only your skin can create a new layer faster and bring it to the surface sooner, these dark marks would disappear. How to brighten skin with skin procedures? Top options include chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser treatments. These procedures facilitate the faster elimination of your skin’s outer layer while simultaneously speeding up skin regeneration to create a new layer that is spot-free.
- It lifts and firms up your skin. These procedures help correct loose and saggy skin. By improving the production of vital skin precursors like collagen and elastin, as well as by strengthening skin synthesis, your skin fibers tighten, in effect improving the strength and resilience of your skin to fight damage and, thus, hold back the signs of skin aging from showing.
- It improves collagen production. The ultimate goal of almost all forms of skin rejuvenation procedures is to enhance the rate of collagen production. When collagen production increases, your skin, in turn, significantly increases cellular level activities involved in regenerating new skin and in making sure it reaches the surface to replace old and damaged skin layers.
Higher rates of collagen production does a lot of other good things to your skin:
- It makes your skin appear tighter and fuller.
- Damages in the matrix are repaired more efficiently, causing visible signs of aging like wrinkles to appear less prominent.
- It enhances your skin’s dewy appearance by restoring your skin’s naturally powerful capacity to capture, absorb, and hold in moisture.
- It stimulates and re-energizes your skin cells, giving your skin a more revitalized look.
- It tightens your pores. Tighter pores are both an outcome of skin rejuvenation as well as the underlying cause of several beneficial after-effects which includes:
- Better hydrated skin resulting from significantly lower transepidermal water loss
- Skin that is less prone to acne and acne-causing bacteria
- It unclogs your pores and draws out excess sebum
- It helps your cosmetics products cling more tightly to your skin
It is an exciting time to explore what might be out there that can help you stay vibrant and young-looking for as long as possible. Even with these new found (and, in the case of CAM, rediscovered) therapies that benefit your skin health, you must stick to your skincare regimen and keep doing good things to your skin day in and day out so that it keeps giving back skin that’s supple, radiant, and wrinkle-free.