Mr. Rai suffers from extreme pain and terrible itching around his anal region. He is also unable to sit properly as he can feel a bulge. Are you able to relate to this situation? If you are, then let me tell you that you are suffering from the condition of external hemorrhoids.
Leaving this condition untreated for long is not a wise decision as these can get “thrombosed”. A thrombosed hemorrhoid is one in which blood clots are formed due to swelling of veins in the bulge. Undeniably there is the surgical option for treating external piles but you can also try holistic remedies to cure piles condition at home fast. Some of them are discussed below.
- Apply Aloe vera
Aloe vera is an age-old remedy for curing external piles. The gel extracted from the leaves of aloe vera can reduce the burning sensation and even inflammation. Massage the affected area to increase blood circulation.
Aloe vera is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce irritation considerably. It is better to use pure aloe vera gel than other products where aloe vera is one of the ingredients.
- Take a warm bath with Epsom salt
Take a sitz bath to get some relief from the terrible itching and excruciating pain caused due to piles. Soak yourself for 15-20 minutes in a few inches of warm water. Repeat this 2-3 times a day. You can add 2-3 tablespoons of Epsom salt into the sitz bath to get extra comfort from the symptoms of piles.
- Use Over-the-counter medications
You can use over-the-counter ointments and creams to get some instant relief from the pain and itching by temporarily the numbing affected area. You can also consume Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- Make lifestyle changes
The most common cause of the development of external piles is a lack of physical activity. Try to make some lifestyle changes to prevent the problem from aggravating or reduce the risk of development completely. Some of the common modifications to be included are discussed below-
- Drink plenty of fluids. This will keep the stools soft which will take lesser energy to pass and cause less irritation near the anal area.
- Eat a fiber-rich diet. Incorporate high-fiber vegetables and fruits in your daily diet to improve digestive health. The fiber helps to absorb water which in turn, helps to soften the stools so that you can pass the stools easily.
- Wear comfortable clothes. If you are suffering from piles, wear loose-fitting, breathable, cotton underwear and pants. To reduce symptoms and to prevent irritation of hemorrhoids from the excess sweat.
- Practice good bathroom habits. This ensures that your anal region is clean. Some of the tips you can try are very simple. Do not force a bowel movement. Wait for 2 minutes and get up and try again later. Try sitting in a squat position while passing a bowel.
- Sit on a cushion to relieve pressure
If you are suffering from external hemorrhoids, sit on a cushion or doughnut cushion. This will help you relieve some symptoms and help you ease out the discomfort and make them bearable to live with.
You can try these home remedies but remember to follow them judiciously to get effective results. In addition to this, these tips take time to show positive effects. In order to get fast relief from external hemorrhoids, go for the most advanced laser treatment.
Laser Treatment For External Hemorrhoids
There is an advancement of technology in every sphere of our daily life. The effects of this advancement are also felt in the health sector. The laser treatment has emerged as one of the most effective treatment options that can cure external hemorrhoids. This anesthesia-induced procedure is a boon for people who are looking for painless solutions for curing piles. Some of the advantages that make them stand out are-
- Absolutely no cuts or incisions
- Almost no pain
- Minimum bleeding
- Minimal risk of infection
- Faster healing
- No need for a daily dressing
- Quicker return to daily activities
External hemorrhoids can bring your life to a standstill. Home remedies can provide you immediate relief but undergoing surgery, especially laser treatment, is a permanent solution. Consume a high-fiber diet and drink lots of water to ensure a smooth bowel movement. Visit the doctor immediately to know more about piles and the various treatment options available.