While age in a great way determines your health, the more you age the more you tend to have health issues, a number of negative lifestyles also affect our health greatly. Meaning there is a number of negative lifestyles such as not getting enough sleep that can be avoided for you to be able to have a healthy and longer life.
The nutrition health wellness triangle is a tool that serves to examine your Physical health, Mental or Emotional health and of course the Social or Spiritual health. The tool teaches us that the 3 elements involved are interrelated and therefore it is important that they are balanced to be able to realize true health. An imbalance occurs when you tend to focus on one side of the triangle or element more than the other sides.
When talking about balance, balancing your hormones are key to feeling balanced on the inside. Hormones affect you at many levels. Hormones are chemicals secreted by glands that relay signals from cell to cell, and they play a vital role in triggering how your body is feeling and functioning. Hormones affect different organs and are responsible for causing physical symptoms and altering your mood, metabolism, reproduction, energy levels and physical appearance. The human body consists of various types of hormones but for women the main sex hormones are oestrogen and progesterone.
The teachers of the nutrition health wellness triangle emphasize the fact that everybody must be able to take their own responsibility for their health. Your attitude is crucial. You must practice prevention like wearing a helmet or a seat belt and combine healthy habits like avoiding smoking and drinking and having proper physical exercise and food.
Proper nutrition is important for your health wellness because for your body to function normally, it needs a number of nutrients or chemicals that are contained in a number of foods. The nutrients must be in a balanced amount. Some of the vital elements include carbon, hydrogen, zinc, calcium, iron and proteins. For example, for oxygen, your body will be able to absorb or get that when you breathe in and out.
Other materials will be received by the body when you are drinking or eating. There are a number of healthy and easy cooking recipe that you can always try. If the body is not able to produce enough energy needed for various body processes then your health will be compromised.
Positive lifestyle factors that can improve your Nutrition Health Wellness
- Physical Nutrition Health Wellness
Physical wellness addresses or measures the ability of the body to be able to function properly. There are a number of things that must be observed here including:
- Breakfast is crucial and therefore should not be missed and also have a balanced diet.
- Advise that you regularly eat 3 meals a day.
- Getting enough sleep as per the 8-9 hours clinically recommended.
- Maintaining a recommended healthy weight.
- Doing physical exercises for around 30-60 minutes and for a minimum of 5 days per week. Playing baseball would be great for building muscle strength and improve coordination. And if you prefer working out at home and you don’t have enough space or money then having adjustable dumbbells would be good for you.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the body, hair and teeth.
- Avoiding alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Mental/Emotional Nutrition Health wellness
This element of the Nutrition Health and Wellness triangle deals with how your brain, personal attitudes can greatly influence your wellness or health. This is scientifically proven. You should have a great mental/emotional health and that would be helped by observing these factors:
- Love who you are, feel good about yourself.
- Avoid negative relationships.
- Your feelings should be expressed in a clear and calm manner even if you are angry or sad.
- Accept criticism that can be useful to you.
- Have an activity or activities that you enjoy. For example, playing ukulele, a musical instrument, has been shown by neuroscientists to be great for enhancing memory functions.
- Always feel accepted.
- Open to learning and acquiring new skills.
- Social/Spiritual Nutrition Health Wellness
This element evaluates how you react to people that surround you and also your relationship to a higher being or believing in something bigger than you.
- Have a close friend or friends.
- You must respect and care for your family.
- Disagree without getting angry.
- Be a good listener.
- When you need support you must be able to get it.
- Don’t do something that is wrong or harmful even if you are asked by your friend.
- Believe in something or someone that is bigger than you, pray.
- Serve others and you will receive satisfaction
In conclusion, having seen the various positive or risk factors that are involved in the three elements or sides involved in the Nutrition Health Wellness Triangle, you can be able to see if your life is balanced or not. You can cover the various risk/positive factors by giving a “yes” answer meaning you are doing okay in the area and a “no” answer meaning that you need to improve. You will know the area you are very strong in and of course where you need to put more effort to achieve a healthy and balanced life.